This page is mostly out of date: rosters have been part of mainline monotone since the 0.26 release.
There is a mailing list post by NJS explaining what rosters are.
grep -E "FIXME.ROSTER" *.cc *.hh
Todo before real release
- tests for roster_merge
- make sure db check is good?
- basic root dir stuff, so people can import sutured root dirs
- cvs_import branch reconstruction would be very nice, but not a blocker
- merge via working dir would be very nice, but not a blocker
Still needed for baseline functionality
- we need to figure out what to do about cvs_import -- that it does not connect branches makes it much less useful than we would like!
- what's the status of db check?
Unit Tests Needed:
- simple cset tests
- ordering of complex renames handled correctly - some tests done, perhaps add more
- cset reading tests
- detect non-normalized-whitespace-ness - tricky, requires teaching the parser about whitespace ??
- test equal_up_to_renumbering
- review docs to see if anything needs changing
Would be nice
(read: "work on this is cool, but don't expect someone else to do it, and before doing it think about whether there's anything above you can do first")
- interactive conflict resolution for tree rearrangements (for now, rename conflicts etc. still fault)
- docs on merge algorithm for advanced users
- restrictions code is a horrible mess -- make_restricted_cset(roster_t, roster_t, cset&)?
- change restriction semantics to make sense now that we have directories -- yadda-yadda-yadda wildcards? ("commit foo" vs. "commit foo/...")?
- attribute hooks that are called on attr changes, rather than every time we squint at the working dir funny
- split_path and file_path distinction is seeming sillier and sillier
- some sort of state tracking for temp/non-temp and insane/sane rosters?
- git_import (unless pasky wakes up and tells us what's going on with it)