For a wiki author here, there really isn't that much you need to think about. The different index pages already show you the intent of how things are divided.
There are a few tags that are frequently used to help make sure they end up in the right place. They currently are:
- user -- pages meant for monotone users.
- admin -- pages meant for monotone administrators.
- developer -- pages meant for monotone developers (unless it's discussions pages, which are take care of by the next tag).
- devel-discuss -- pages with deeper discussions on topics of development.
- historical -- pages with an historical value (but probably otherwise outdated and not really useful anymore).
Ikiwiki, the engine that powers this wiki, comes with a few pages on wiki formatting.